I'm a librarian, and a slightly poor excuse for a coder second. I've always focussed on the IT/tech side of librarianship in my career and did at one point cross from libraries into more general IT management - then firmly put myself back into libraries. To a certain extent I left library employment to freelance as a consultant to get out of the academic library career path that kept taking me into management - which I realised, after several years doing it, was just not what got me out of bed in the morning.

There is a name for people without an MLS who can still quote MARC subfields or write MODS XML freehand. http://shambrarian.org :)

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com