It just so happens that CDW's deal of the week is the Motorola LI2208 Barcode Scanner on sale until 7/3 @ 3pm CT for $104.99.
I've had no experience with it, but the specs look great.  It also supports scanning from a tablet or phone display as well as from printed barcodes.

http://www.cdw.com/content/products/cdw-best-deals.aspx?cm_mmc=email-_-DOW_DOWWeekly-_-ImageShop-_-Email

Other than that, we've been using Metrologic Voyager scanners and have been quite satisfied with them.

John Lolis
Information Technology Manager
White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601

http://whiteplainslibrary.org/

>>> On 6/30/2014 at 9:23 PM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Riley Childs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am trying to find a barcode scanner that i can do inventory with, I was looking at the KDC20, but it is a tad out of my price range, what barcode scanner do you like? I have a Metroset Voyager (Honeywell branded) that i like, but am trying to see what others have and get some better suggestions.

Riley Childs
Student
Asst. Head of IT Services
Charlotte United Christian Academy
(704) 497-2086
RileyChilds.net
Sent from my Windows Phone, please excuse mistakes