Greetings list,

I'm in the midst of establishing a corporate archive/RM program and soon will need to make a convincing case for why Sharepoint's Document Library/Search Centre  is not a viable option for managing our archival digital objects and their associated descriptions. Does anyone have any personal experience using Sharepoint for archival purposes, or know of any articles/blogs discussing it's suitability (or lack thereof) for this type of work? I've always heard "don't use Sharepoint" but am having a hard time finding evidence that I can use to support my case for a 3rd party solution. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ned

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.mattamyhomes.com/>

Ned Struthers
Archives Manager
T (905) 829-7828 C (647) 385-6337
Corporate Office: 2360 Bristol Circle, Oakville, ON Canada L6H 6M5

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in and attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or organization to which it is addressed, and only for the intended purpose by that individual or organization. It may be confidential or legally privileged and the recipient is not entitled to publish or further disseminate such information without the express written consent of the sender.  Any distribution, copying, disclosure or other use by anyone else or for any other purpose is prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.