I'm puzzled about why you want to use linked data for this. At first glance
the requirement simply seems to be to fetch data from your ILS server,
which likely could be sent in any number of simple packages that don't
require an RDF wrapper. If you are the only one consuming this data then
you can use whatever (simplistic, proprietary) format you want. I just
don't see what benefits you would get by creating "linked data" in this
case that you wouldn't get by doing something much more straightforward and
simple. And don't be harshing on duct tape. Duct tape is a perfectly fine
solution for many problems.
Roy