A few announcements from the Code4Lib NYC group
<http://libguides.metro.org/code4libnyc>; I apologize in advance for the
length:

**Autumn Code4LibNYC Event - September 10th 2-4 PM at METRO
<http://www.metro.org/>**

The line-up for this meeting:

   - Eric Glass and Jeremiah Trinidad-Christensen, librarians at Columbia
   University, on GeoData@Columbia <http://culspatial.cul.columbia.edu/>.
   - Matthew Lipper, a developer for the NYC Department of Planning, on the NYC
   GeoClient API <https://developer.cityofnewyork.us/api/geoclient-api>
   (which I'm personally a huge fan of for metadata enhancement!).
   - Eric Hellman, president of Gluejar <http://www.gluejar.com/>, on
   creating an ebooks platform in Django for his company.
   - Jennifer Anderson, senior UX designer at NYPL, on her work on a rapid
   prototyping package for NYPL (described as 'kind of our own Twitter
   Bootstrap').

The event is free and open to all (registration not required), although we
ask that you register here <http://metro.org/events/534/> so we have an
estimated head count. We will be going out for drinks after the meeting.
**Code4LibNYC is searching for A/V geeks**

We would like to start recording our meetings for sharing with the larger
Code4Lib community. If there is someone in the NYC area who would like to
volunteer to help with this, please let me know!

**Winter Code4LibNYC 1-Day Workshop/Hackathon**

We are planning a 1-day event this winter, and we'd like your feedback on
what you want to learn/hack/do/teach. Please vote at this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QUT54yFRQO-g3kw_RXEemK-NzoDd3JjjyIxdy9YJqFM/viewform>
- we've also created a voting page on the Code4LibNYC libguide
<http://libguides.metro.org/vote> (where we will keep results for future
reference). If you are particular interested in leading a session, email
me! Voting will stay open until the September meeting, when we will
announce a date.

Thanks!
Christina

--