Perhaps these might be helpful?

"You've Got to Walk Before You Can Run: First Steps for Managing
Born-Digital Content Received on Physical Media"
http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/publications/library/2012/2012-06.pdf

"Walk This Way: Detailed Steps for Transferring Born-Digital Content from
Media You Can Read In-house"
http://oclc.org/content/dam/research/publications/library/2013/2013-02.pdf

Roy