Interesting thread,

AddThis is certainly everywhere (5 percent of the top 100,000
websites--ProPublica), often in contrast to an organization's stated
privacy policies.

Here's three examples of use within OCLC and their products:
http://oclc.org/research/people/follow.html
ContentDM: http://www.contentdm.org/help6/custom/configure9.asp
WorldCat.org:
http://www.worldcat.org/title/jazz/oclc/25048293&referer=brief_results

For kicks I just did a Google Advanced search for AddThis limited to the
.edu domain, wow.

What is the alternative for libraries looking to promote their services out
into the polluted ocean of the internet where everyone else is swimming?

--Jimmy

--
Jimmy Ghaphery
Head, Digital Technologies