I don't believe the horse has left the barn forever. As Bruce Schneier
says, security is a process, not a product. And as we learn more about this
space we can advocate in our own institutions for greater awareness and
perhaps adjustments to the technologies we use to evaluate online activity.
AddThis and ShareThis probably have limited value for the data they
compromise. Google Analytics is probably a much better trade. EZproxy too...

Jon