On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Joe Hourcle <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I've worked in places where we've had issues with people brought in
> as short-term contract developers.
> so to sum up ... if you don't already have an established
> relationship with the person, I'd avoid bringing in someone to
> telework.

I think what you're describing is short-term contractors not teleworkers.
 You can be a full-time, permanent employee and be a teleworker.

I agree people who will be maintaining something beyond its release
sometimes have a different perspective from those who fulfill a short-term
contract.  I also think it's possible, though, to find someone with a good
work ethic for short term work.  Granted, if you don't have prior
experience with them (or know someone who has prior experience with them),
it is a little harder.

Fwiw,
Kevin