Echoing others... the use case for linked data appears to be making data
available to the world at large, unknown consumers, who may find a use
for it that you never imagined.

Name authority services (like VIAF), catalogs of public resources, map
data -- all these are good candidates for a linked data approach.

Hardware availability at your library?  Not so much.  It's hard to
imagine a case where that information would be useful outside your walls.

-- Scott

--
Scott Prater
Shared Development Group