On 08/14/2014 11:35 AM, Chris Amorosi wrote:
> Hopefully someone can help me here!
>
> I have an express 15 minute kiosk intended for quick printing or email
> checks.  When a user comes up to the station, they have to press a button
> on screen to say they read/agree to the user policies of the library
> before using the station.  Every 5 minutes and on the last minute they are
> warned about how much time they have left.  At the end of 15 minutes,
> everything is closed, the desktop is wiped, and they're booted off.  While
> a user (and abuser) could simply wait a moment as the station resets and
> log back on, usually the inconvenience of losing all their work every 15
> minutes is enough to dissuade them from doing so.
>
> We currently have a program that works like this, but it will only run on
> XP.  I'd like to update the station to 7, so I need a replacement.  Remote
> access would be a plus, but it's not necessary.
>
> I'm not worried about keeping the station secure because we have Deep
> Freeze.  All I'm looking for is that timer functionality.

I haven't "done Windows" in a while.

We solved this using a 15 minute scheduled task triggered by the logon
that would execute shutdown.exe

A sign on the machine saying it is shutting down in 15 will be useful.
Otherwise you can settle for reasonably priced Kiosk mode software that
does all of this.

Cheers,

./fxk

--
Bank error in your favor.  Collect $200.