On 8/16/14 8:38 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
> I think the primary concern rises from users accessing the catalogue from
> their own machine / browser, where services can easily and reliably
> correlate web usage behavior of an individual over time across many web
> properties.

The annoyance of inappropriate (or overly appropriate) ads is one aspect
of this concern; a potentially much bigger one is the privacy of amateur
or professional investigative journalists. If someone looks at a lot of
books and sites about terrorism, violent doctrines, and explosives, for
the purpose of researching terrorists and terrorism, and if overzealous
government agencies observe this pattern, they might flag the researcher
as a potential terrorist suspect.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer
http://www.garymcgath.com