We had complaints from students about other students using the limited
resource (in this case student computers) to do facebook / youtube.

We negotiated with the students union that certain sites would be
blocked from those machines for a certain busy period during the day.
Negotiation with the students union appeared to be hugely important in
deflating any protests.

cheers
stuart