Albiet a bit late, I very recently learned that the DOAJ is asking journals like ours (Code4Lib Journal) to resubmit our application to be in the directory. [1] From a Nature article:

  Now, following criticism of its quality-control checks, the
  website [DOAJ] is asking all of the journals in its directory to
  reapply on the basis of stricter criteria. It hopes the move will
  weed out ‘predatory journals’: those that profess to publish
  research openly, often charging fees, but that are either
  outright scams or do not provide the services a scientist would
  expect, such as a minimal standard of peer review or permanent
  archiving. “We all know there has been a lot of fuss about
  questionable publishers,” says Bjørnshauge. [2]

I’m just bringing this to the attention of our current crop of good Code4Lib Journal people, in case they hadn’t seen it previously. Others here in the crowd may simply want to know.

[1] resubmit - http://doaj.org/application/new
[2] article - http://www.nature.com/news/open-access-website-gets-tough-1.15674

—
Eric Morgan