Lead Software Developer
ProQuest
Seattle, Wa

 We're a unique blend of technologists located in a fun
part of Seattle (Fremont) seeking someone who breathes and lives our core
values of accountability, collaboration, customer focus, empowerment, learning
and passion for technology. We're
looking for a lead who's passionate about search and coding, and ready to make
a difference in our web-scale discovery product that is used by libraries,
faculty and students worldwide.

As a **Lead Software Developer, **this person will draw upon their experience
and leadership skills to drive the technical execution of software projects.
This person will use their technical skills to help develop and maintain
distributed search and related products using modern open-source technologies
and development tools.

**Some of what you'll be doing:**

 Lead and mentor a
small team of developers and analysts

 Identify,
prioritize, and assign work to others to ensure the right solution is
delivered at the right time

 Design, develop, and
enhance online SaaS products specifically around distributed search in a
number of languages over a vast collection of documents

 Evaluate design and
development proposals, suggest viable options, estimate work, create project
documentation, implement designs, execute project deliverables and follow
through with users.

 Evaluate,
disseminate, and integrate improved standards, specifications, and
technologies into existing processes and methodologies

 Participate (as
required) in creating and improving infrastructure to address system
performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the product

 Quickly analyze and
fix any errors reported by clients, support and/or providers

**What you'll have experience doing:**

 Bachelors' degree or
higher in Computer Science or a related field, plus at least 6 years' related
experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience

 3+ years of
experience of leading/mentoring teams

 Strong Programming
skills in Java (or C#)

 Knowledge of
Unix/Linux and shell scripting, and scripting languages such as Python or Ruby

 Experience with
distributed systems

 Proven ability to
own, manage, and take responsibility for the success of a code line

 Excellent problem
solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile
and order data

 Ability to
professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach
resolution and maintain strong relationships

 Ability to deal with
ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment

**Bonus Points!**

 Masters' degree in
Computer Science or a related field

 Experience in
handling vast quantities of data and/or "big data"

 Experience with
distributed search technologies, in particular Solr/Lucene

Familiarity/experience with Agile development methodologies, unit testing and
continuous integration

 Experience with
using SQL databases and/or NoSQL databases

 Experience with
Cloud technologies

 Experience working
with unstructured content

**Here's what you want to know about the Seattle office**
_Fantastic people:_ Where smart is the norm and unique is
welcome

_Fun location:_ Coffee houses, restaurants and right across
the street from Fremont's best pub

_Great benefits:_ Plus some unique stuff like monthly
transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness
programs

_Awesome office environment: _Nice office, jeans are the
norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome

_Amazing company:_ Annual compensation reviews, generous
bonuses, and active "Green Team" and good morale

**About ProQuest**

ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide
seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of
the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of
serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social
science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The
company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves
beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content--
accelerating research productivity.

If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About Us. ProQuest's corporate
office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.

**www.Proquest.com**

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16324/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/