Conversation between 2 instructional staff at a library school:

Staff 1, “Say, I went down to our departmental library, and had to use the little paper slip to take out a book, because it’s summer and after hours. You have to fill in the book title, book bar code, and your own name & ID barcode. The fold the paper in half and stick it in a box. It’s got a little disclaimer on the bottom that the slip of paper will be destroyed as soon as the infor is entered into the system.”

Staff 2, “That’s adorable.”

On Aug 15, 2014, at 5:02 PM, Jason Bengtson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Generally speaking, I think  surveillance is wretched stuff. But there is a
> point at which the hand wringing becomes a bit much.

Debra Shapiro
UW-Madison SLIS
Helen C. White Hall, Rm. 4282
600 N. Park St.