Library Juice Academy courses offered in September and October

Most of these classes are four weeks in length, with a price of $175.
We accept registrations through the first week of class.

Go to http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/schedule.php for details.

Share as appropriate, and apologies for cross-posting. Thanks!

September

Metadata Design
Instructor: Grace Agnew

Easy Patron Surveys
Instructor: Jennifer Sweeney

Developing a Website Content Strategy
Instructor: Rebecca Blakiston

Introduction to Readers' Advisory
Instructor: Jessica Moyer

New Initiatives in Academic Libraries: Tools and Tips
Instructor: Marcus Banks

Business Writing: Producing Clear, Concise Policies, Procedures and Public Relations Materials
Instructor: Ed Rossman

Transforming and Querying XML with XSLT and Xquery
Instructor: Robert Chavez

HTML, CSS, and the DOM
Instructor: Jason Bengtson

Beginning Programming in Python, Part I
Instructor: Tony Castelletto

Marketing the Library in the 21st Century
Instructor: Debra Lucas-Alfieri

October

Introduction to Cataloging
Instructor: Melissa Adler

Introduction to Drupal for Libraries
Instructor: Cody Hennesy

Introduction to the Semantic Web
Instructor: Robert Chavez

Bringing Library Services to Mobile Devices
Instructor: Scott La Counte

Techniques for Student Engagement in Library Instruction
Instructor: John Doherty

Getting to Know: Romance
Instructor: Jessica Moyer

Introduction to Client-Side Web Scripting
Instructor: Jason Bengtson

Beginning Programming in Python, Part II
Instructor: Tony Castelletto

Introduction to Archives Administration and Management
Instructor: Christine D'Arpa

While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations, we focus on the kinds of skills that library schools generally expect librarians to learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require additional study. These workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are intended as professional development activities. Workshops are taught asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows.

Library Juice Academy
P.O. Box 188784
Sacramento, CA 95818
Tel. 218-260-6115