Dear All,

The Library of Congress has issued two solicitations (RFQs) for Bibframe-related development work.  We want to be sure to advertise these possibilities to this community.  You can read more about them at the below links.

The first is for a Bibframe Search and Display tool (to be clear, this is /not/ to create a search and display tool for the entire LC catalog).

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=11db76388c0caafa72f6bd6ccb3d159f&tab=core&_cview=0

The second is for a Bibframe Profiles editor (that is, an editor for the Profiles themselves):

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=927b167c07002045e51cb8c53485fc4e&tab=core&_cview=0

Proposals relating to both are due next week (Aug 6).

We want to encourage any interested developer, or developer team, to respond to the RFQs.  I frankly do not know what rules may pertain to bidding on US government contracts, but a quick review of the requirements for registering for government contracting suggests that it isn't too arduous:

http://www.sba.gov/content/register-government-contracting

For example, a DUNS number and EIN can be acquired in a day.

I think these could make for ideal side projects for a small team of interested developers from this community.  So many of you have the skills and expertise needed to really produce a very interesting software solution to the above solicitations.

I can't answer any questions about these contracts in this forum, but you can use the contacts listed at the bottom of the above pages if you have questions.  Those inquiries are forwarded to us, we answer them, and then the information is posted publicly so that everyone interested in the opportunity has access to the same information.

Yours,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ford
Network Development and MARC Standards Office