We are looking at software that uses voice recognition to transcribe audio and create a time indexed xml file of the results.   It looks like both ResCarta (http://www.rescarta.org/index.php/rcsoft/1-software/78-ate.html) and the Oral History Metadata Synchronizer (OHMS) (http://www.oralhistoryonline.org/ohms/) offer open source applications that do this.  Has anyone done comparisons?  We are curious if there are any significant differences between the two, other than it looks like the OHMS service is available online without needing to install local software, which could be a pro or con.  Or maybe it is available for download somewhere and I just haven't found it.

If anyone has experience working with these tools I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.