Meghan,

This looks wonderful! Thank you so much for getting this out there.

I had a great trip to SAA, and while I ended up not having a chance to
speak with Brad Westbrook (I will send him an email), I did connect with
Mark Matienzo, Director of Technology for the Digital Public Library of
America. He had some really interesting things to say at a meeting I
attended on the issues around proprietary metadata (how can there even
be such a thing?!) I asked him if he would be interested in talking to
the Five Colleges, via the NDSA New England meeting. He is, but he has a
busy October, and may or may not be able to do the 30th, but I will see.
When I asked him, I just assumed he is in Boston given that DPLA is
headquartered there, but he is actually living in NY, which could also
mean some travel expenses. Not sure about that part.

I'll let you know more about both ArchivesSpace and DPLA soon. In the
meantime, just wanted to thank you for getting the "Save the Date" out.
It was fun seeing you across the way at Big Y. We got back from Maine
late on Sunday, and Monday was a catch up day. I had my daughters with
me - we had just spent a very exhausting, though successful, 2 hours
shopping for shoes/cleats.

-Jennifer

--
Jennifer Gunter King, Director