Trevor, thanks for sending out this draft.  I won't be on the call, so I
wanted to send along my one comment re the list for consideration by the
group --

I would like to see something about documentation of the migration process
itself.  With government records, authenticity and audit trails go
hand/hand, so any activity like this that touches the files should be
documented with at least a basic set of metadata (e.g., when, who, what,
etc.).  Also, under items #1, 2, & 3 after migration, any file/metadata
migration failures/changes/restores should be documented as well.  Copies
of this documentation could be stored with the files themselves.

I'm looking forward to seeing this checklist move forward --
Shawn

Shawn Rounds
State Archivist
State Archives Department