Dear Working Group,

Since many of us just attended Digital Preservation 2014 we thought we'd focus on it on our next call. If you attended it, could you think of one of the  full-length or lightning talks, panels, posters or demos that taught you something new / left an impression / or you just thought was cool? Many of the presentations are now on-line so if there are particular slides you want to show the group we can switch to your desktop for your summary if you'd like.
Presentations and videos: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/ndiipp14.html
Also see these write-ups: http://ws-dl.blogspot.com/2014/07/2014-07-25-digital-preservation-2014.html
http://www.wordsinspace.net/wordpress/2014/07/18/preservation-aesthetics-my-talk-for-the-locs-digital-preservation-conference/
https://medium.com/@mkirschenbaum/software-its-a-thing-a550448d0ed3
If you have one in mind that you'd like to summarize for the group please send me an email with the one you want to share. Don't put a lot of time into this - the rest of the group will appreciate hearing even a few thoughts about one that made some kind of impression on you.

For the September call we are thinking about focusing on optical disks. There's been a lot of interest in them lately and the Infrastructure WG might want to team up with us for this. If you're either interested in this topic, have some experience with them you'd like to share, or want to suggest speakers on this topic please send Kate, Erin or I an email about it.

The call-in information will come out later but the times will be:
- August 18th 1-2 ET
- Sept. 15th 1-2 ET

thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard Library
(617) 495-3724