On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Alex Armstrong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> @Cindi: In my defense, I was being rhetorical as to why there's no plugin
> system. I wasn't trying to second-guess how you develop your products.
> Though I'm glad you're considering allowing more sophisticated
> customization for LibGuides. Navigation in particular is a thorny issue.

No worries! I hope my response didn't come off as reactionary. We are happy
to answer questions, even rhetorical ones. ;)  (I hear you, but we were
like, yeah, why *doesn't* that exist? Let's *do* it!)

As for Gist/Git, there are repos out there, 20-some of them.  We would very
much like to replace the Lounge with something else in the future, and
while I think GitHub is too high a bar for most of our users, it could play
a role in us sharing with you and vice-versa.

> There's some simple stuff thatare worth documenting. For example, Josh
> mentioned that:
>
> "The admin controls in LGseem to all be loaded dynamically via javascript,
> which makes them both very
> hard to customize and very easy to break. I have also noticed that
> changingthe ID of certain HTML elements in your template can have the
> unintended(and undocumented) effect of erasing particular admin features
> from your
> template."
>
> I've listed these IDs here: https://gist.github.com/alehandrof/
> 9f083aa03c287931d9f0#file-required-for-admin-html

We actually had this on our list of things to add to the LibGuides
documentation. So, thanks for that, Alex! :)  I'll see that it gets
added--you're not the first one to alert us to this issue (nor was
@gollydamn).

> Any ideas on where/how we can share things like this? I tried tweeting it
> to my 6 followers. To my surprise, it was not widely reported on :p

We are happy to RT - just tag us @springshare. We also have a blog
<http://blog.springshare.com>, and a web newsletter that goes out to every
person with an account. I realize that this is us sharing rather than you
sharing--if something else works, go for it, and if we can help, just ask.
Keep being awesome, and know that we welcome your feedback. :)

Thanks!
 -Cindi :)