From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Michael Schofield
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Library community web standards (was: LibGuides v2 -
Templates and Nav)

I am interested but I am a little hazy about what kind of standards you all
are suggesting. I would warn against creating standards that conflict with
any actual web standards, because I--and, I think, many others--would
honestly recommend that the #libweb should aspire to and adhere more firmly
to larger web standards and best practices that conflict with something
that's more, ah, librarylike. Although that might not be what you folks have
in mind at all : ).

Michael S.