*puts on LITA hat*

There are several ways that LITA/ALA could play a role here.

Publications:
There is a series of books called LITA Guides.  Great way to get the word
out widely, but a static format.
http://www.alastore.ala.org/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=lita

There are also Library Technology Reports - a periodical.  Still static,
but published more regularly:
http://alatechsource.org/ltr/index

There is also the LITA UX Interest Group.  IGs are fluid, volunteer-run
(not appointed), and can pretty much do what they want.  Publish and update
something? Sure!  Establish and run a virtual conference? Definitely! Have
meetings and programs at conferences? Yes!  Caveat: must be a LITA member.

Happy to provide more info if needed.

-Cindi
of the many hats