Bohyun,

That sounds like it could be a great fit.

There would be two final products for what I have in mind:

1. A wiki site (ideally attached to an ALA-affiliated domain name) where we
can collaborate and break all this down at the topic level. This is the
source that would be used by the boots-on-the-ground librarians who are
actually doing UX work and need practical information. It would be
continually updated. The content would be curated, and there would be a very
basic approval process for creating new editor accounts.

2. An annually-revised document (again, attached to an ALA-affiliated domain
name) that compiles everything from the wiki together in a format that can
easily be presented to other librarians and administrators. In my
experience, a bureaucratically approved document carries a lot more weight
in libraries than a website, at least in academic libraries.

Topics that would be addressed:

1. Accessibility
2. Layout patterns
3. Typography and readability
4. Best practices for specific library web platforms
5. Recommendations for how libraries should implement the guidelines at a
management level (non-technical)

Josh Welker