I was lucky to work for an academic library that served two universities,
so we ran our own servers and got to pick our own look.

BUT, the municipal library down the street was stuck in a bad CMS, with
municipal IT that didn't want to spend time helping them. (I'm
over-simplifying, a little, to make a point.)

So they bought LibGuides, and they're slowly moving their whole site into
that. I think they're on 1.0, but LibGuides 2.0 is flexible enough to allow
for a "real website" look. That was actually my backup plan, if the bigger
of our two universities ever got unreasonable, or if our server broke (or
our building burned down or or or).

- Coral