Associate University Librarian for Digital Initiatives and Services
Boston College
Chestnut Hill

Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six
miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,100 full-time
undergraduates and 4,700 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among
national universities and a member of the Association of Research
Universities, Boston College has 752 full-time and 1,080 FTE faculty, 2,750
non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $886 million, and an endowment
of approximately $2 billion.

Job Description

Boston College Libraries seeks an Associate University Librarian for Digital
Initiatives & Services. This position reports to the
University Librarian.

The successful candidate has the opportunity to build out our digital program
in collaboration with the library, faculty and other campus partners. We have
already launched several important projects, but the challenge lies in leading
the way from the project-based environment to a sustainable program. We are
deeply committed to furthering our digital initiatives and are looking for
someone with relevant experience and comfortable in taking an entrepreneurial
approach to exploring and trying creative approaches to digital library work.
We will commit necessary resources to ensure the success of the Boston College
Libraries' digital future. Our motto in the BC Libraries is "value beyond
discovery" and we see our current and emerging digital projects and eventual
program as critical to establishing that value.

S/he develops, coordinates, and assesses digital collections and services and
scholarly projects across the Boston College Libraries. Working at the
intersection of technology and scholarship, s/he collaborates with library
staff, faculty, and others to develop programs and build digital content to
leverage holdings across BCL collections, services, and operations in support
of teaching, learning, research, and community engagement. S/he will
coordinate the programmatic and content issues relating to the BCL digital
collections, and provide creative and compliant oversight for a distributed
landscape of static and dynamic digital content. This landscape includes key
external partners such as the Boston Library Consortia, Catholic Research
Resources Association, and other potential collaborators. S/he will meet the
growing need for a coordinated approach to innovative digital projects by
engaging with stakeholders, assessing needs and current programs, and creating
structures that make BCL a full and trusted partner in digital project
development in support of research and learning at Boston College. These
initiatives will cross AUL and departmental lines, will include relationships
with IT / IDeS and with faculty; s/he will find effective and appropriate ways
to communicate and structure these initiatives. Additionally, s/he will
provide oversight and assessment of the distributed library education program
in all its forms.

The AUL for Digital Initiatives & Services is a member of the University
Librarian's Advisory Council (ULAC) and participates in all strategic planning
and priority setting activities.

Requirements:

Minimum ten years successful experience in research collections in an academic
setting as well as 5+ years of experience directly managing staff.

Master's degree from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program (or
equivalent) required.

Master's degree or PhD in another field preferred.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16763/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/