On 9/24/14 10:27 AM, Joshua Welker wrote:
> For instance, right now in 2.0 you can create templates (these are great
> btw). But there's no way to my knowledge to limit editors to using several
> of them. I'd like to create "official" one, two, and three column templates
> for our library.

Honestly, this seems like asking for a technological solution to a
social/organizational problem.

I mean, all these editors are employees of your library, right? If you
can't get them to follow an official policy of only using certain
templates, that's not a tech problem. (And if it's not an official
policy, what gives you the right to restrict it technically?)

Believe me, I know this isn't as simple as it seems (oh, believe me, I
know). But trying to work around off organizational failings with
technological solutions, in my experience, usually just kicks the can
down the road, the problems will keep popping up over and over again,
and your attempted technological workarounds won't workaround.

And I'd rather SpringShare spent there time on some of the other wishes
you outline, which are things you really can't do without software
enhancement, not just workarounds for organizational failings.

Jonathan