Call for Papers (and apologies for cross-posting):

The Code4Lib Journal (C4LJ) exists to foster community and share

information among those interested in the intersection of libraries,

technology, and the future.

We are now accepting proposals for publication in our 27 issue.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and experiences.

To be included in the 27 issue, which is scheduled for publication

In mid Jan. 2015, please submit articles, abstracts, or proposals at

http://journal.code4lib.org/submit-proposal or to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

by Friday, Oct. 24 2014.  When submitting, please include the title

or subject of the proposal in the subject line of the email message.

C4LJ encourages creativity and flexibility, and the editors welcome

submissions across a broad variety of topics that support the mission

of the journal.  Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

* Practical applications of library technology (both actual and

  hypothetical)

* Technology projects (failed, successful, or proposed), including

  how they were done and challenges faced

* Case studies

* Best practices

* Reviews

* Comparisons of third party software or libraries

* Analyses of library metadata for use with technology

* Project management and communication within the library environment

* Assessment and user studies

C4LJ strives to promote professional communication by minimizing the

barriers to publication.  While articles should be of a high quality,

they need not follow any formal structure.  Writers should aim for the

middle ground between blog posts and articles in traditional refereed

journals.  Where appropriate, we encourage authors to submit code

samples, algorithms, and pseudo-code.  For more information, visit

C4LJ's Article Guidelines or browse previous articles published on our
website: http://journal.code4lib.org.

Remember, for consideration for the 27th issue, please send proposals,

abstracts, or draft articles to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  no later than

Friday, Oct. 24, 2014.

Send in a submission.  Your peers would like to hear what you are doing.

Code4Lib Journal Editorial Committee

Terry Reese

Head, Digital Initiatives

Associate Professor

The Ohio State University

320B 18th Avenue Library

Columbus, OH  43210

Phone: 614.292.8263

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]