We’re pleased to announce a new version of our open-source document image viewer, Diva.js. Diva.js is especially suited for use in rare and archival book digitization initiatives where viewing high-resolution images can show even the smallest detail present on the physical object. Using Diva, libraries, archives, and museums can present high-resolution document page images in an “instant-on” interface with a user-friendly interface that has been optimized for speed and flexibility.

New features in Diva.js 3.0:

 • Several speed optimizations – Documents load and scroll faster.
 • In-browser (JavaScript) image manipulation – Adjust page brightness, contrast, and rotation.
 • Improved mobile device support – Tap and pinch to navigate through documents.
 • Horizontal orientation – Switch between the default vertical page layout and a horizontal scrolling layout.
 • Events system – Allows you to pass streaming data from the document viewer into your own website and plugins.
 • Improved and updated documentation: https://github.com/DDMAL/diva.js/wiki.
 • A new website.
 • Numerous of bug fixes.

For more information, demos, and documentation visit http://ddmal.github.io/diva.js/.

Diva.js is developed by the Distributed Digital Music Archives and Libraries laboratory, part of the Music Technology Area of the Schulich School of Music at McGill University.