-----Original Message-----
From: Harper, Cynthia
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 8:25 PM
To: Will Martin
Subject: RE: [CODE4LIB] Open-source batch authority control?

Thanks Will. I know about MARCEdit.  What I'm concerned about is not so much technique, but a source of authority records. Obviously, thre's LC Authorities, but what I don't know is if those records all have RDA equivalents in that database, or what the advantages of the commercial authority databases are.  Of course, we can get authority records from OCLC if we could work out some method of selecting a batch of macthing authorities that doesn't cost a lot extra.  We have III automated authorities, so one authority record can updateall the bibs if it has a 4xx that match their 1xx.    What I need is an overview of what my options are for selecting a batch of authority records from a good source.

Cindy