Hello,
maybe that an easier solution, more IFTTT related, would be to develop a
Yahoo pipe, using the ISBN & querying the webpac should be easy for
Yahoo Pipes, you can then search in the page using xpath or thing like
that. Should be easier thant developping a custom script (if you have no
development knowledge, ortherwise it should be scripted easily in PHP,
python, whatever).

I haven't used YPipes in a long time but I think it's worth looking at it.

Sylvain