From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kim, Bohyun
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Open source alternative to LibAnswers as the library IT KB for library staff?

Hi all

Does anyone have a suggestion for the free open-source Q/A board + easily searchable KB comparable to LibAnswers? We already have LibAnswers for patrons. This is more for the library staff who submits a lot of similar or same questions to the Library IT help desk.

It is an option to use the SharePoint Discussion Board but I am looking for an alternative since SP tends to get lukewarm responses from users in my experience.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bohyun