GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) SERVICES LIBRARIAN:

The University of Miami Libraries seeks nominations and applications for a
Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Services Librarian, to serve as a key
member of our emerging digital scholarship program. The GIS Services
Librarian will build and curate our growing spatial data collection, and
review and recommend the acquisition of relevant application software
programs. The GIS Librarian will collaborate with and provide services to
various schools and departments across UM in support of their geospatial
research needs. The Librarian will work directly with liaison librarians in
the Richter Library’s Education and Outreach Department and the UM subject
specialty libraries (architecture, business, marine and atmospheric
sciences, music) as well as a range of staff involved in metadata, web
applications, emerging technologies and digital scholarship support
throughout the Library organization. The GIS Services Librarian will liaise
with UM staff in related academic technology support roles, especially
Academic Technology and the Center for Computational Sciences.

For additional information please see the full job description:

https://library.miami.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Geospatial-Information-Systems-GIS-Services-Librarian1.pdf

--
Andrew Darby
Head, Web & Emerging Technologies