I've not tried using the LCNAF RDF files, and I've not used RDFLib, but a couple of things from (a relatively small amount of) experience parsing RDF:

Don't try to parse the RDF/XML, use n-triples instead
As Kyle mentioned, you might want to use command line tools to strip down the n-triples to only deal with data you actually want
Rapper and the Redland RDF libraries are a good place to start, and have bindings to Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby (http://librdf.org/raptor/rapper.html and http://librdf.org). This StackOverflow Q&A might help getting started http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5678623/how-to-parse-big-datasets-using-rdflib
If you want to move between RDF formats an alternative to Rapper is http://www.l3s.de/~minack/rdf2rdf/ - this succeeded converting a file of 48 million triples in ttl to ntriples where Rapper failed with an 'out of memory' error (once in ntriples, Rapper can be used for further parsing)

Some slightly random advice there, but maybe some of it will be useful!

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com