I second D3.js for putting together custom web-based interactive
visualizations. NVD3 (http://nvd3.org/) is another good starting point for
D3 that takes some of the time/pain out of building custom charts.

For non-coders, Tableau (http://www.tableausoftware.com/) is another very
powerful and full-featured data visualization solution. I've used Tableau
Public to aggregate and visualize user-testing data, and our assessment
librarian uses the server version extensively for creating and sharing
interactive data dashboards. It has a fairly steep learning curve and the
non-public version is pricey, but perhaps worthwhile when compared with the
time and effort necessary to create similar functionality using something
like D3.

__

Schuyler Lindberg
Interaction Designer / Programmer Analyst

UBC-IT (Library)