All,

I am looking for examples of policies/standard operating procedures for the retention of digitized surrogates of archival collections and/or records.

I have had colleagues at other archives say that they cover digital surrogates - whether created through preservation reformatting, researcher requests, or for public access - as having the same retention schedule as the original record.  I have found some digital preservation and digitization policies that address this indirectly, but I am looking for concrete policies.

I've asked this question in a number of venues and gotten no responses.  At this point I'd also be happy to hear about recognized local practices that _aren't_ documented.

Thanks!

Leslie