Dear NDSA,

I am very pleased to announce the preview release of the 2015 National Agenda for Digital Stewardship. This preview is in near-final state, and we plan to release it publicly on Tuesday, September 23rd.

As you may be aware, this Agenda integrates, annually, the perspective of dozens of experts and hundreds of institutions to outlines the challenges and opportunities related to digital preservation It provides funders, decision-makers, and practitioners with insight into emerging technological trends, gaps in digital stewardship capacity, and key areas for research and development to support the work needed to ensure that today's valuable digital content remains accessible, useful, and comprehensible in the future, supporting a thriving economy, a robust democracy, and a rich cultural heritage.

The new edition of the Agenda builds on our earlier work, updating our 2014 report, and identifying high-level action recommendations, directed at funders, researchers and organizational leaders, that will advance the community capacity for digital preservation, the evidence base for efficient and reliable practice, and the network of durable content that is available to the nation. The new edition draws particular attention to challenges around digital content -- from the overarching challenges of building broad evidence base describing the practice and content of stewardship, to specific challenges for long term access to "big" data, and software.

The 2015 National Agenda is the result of many months of individual effort and dedicated institutional support from across the NDSA community; and was improved by hundreds of review comments coming not only from NDSA members but also from many reviewers in the national and international preservation community.

Your thoughts and suggestions on this preview draft are very much appreciated.  Please send your comments to me, to  [log in to unmask] or to Abbey Potter at [log in to unmask].

Best,

Micah Altman
Chair, Coordination Committee
National Digital Stewardship Alliance