> I think code4 lib is fine as it is, but I think we definitely need a
> professional organization for librarians that code. These talks of
> standards and guidelines may reflect such a need. I think LITA is awesome
> as well! But is there not a need for something else?

Aside from the library specific organizations mentioned already, there are
plenty of professional organizations for librarians who code. I'm partial
to ACM, but IEEE is another obvious choice and there are others.  Mixing it
up with people who come from different backgrounds and do different things
is fun, exposes you to more stuff, and prevents intellectual inbreeding.

Don't discount local groups. They're normally less specialized, but face
time helps you make connections between people, systems, methods, etc that
you otherwise wouldn't.

kyle