Hello,

Augmented Reality, Virtually Reality, and RFID are definitely the future. However, we need more input into these technologies, protocols, and standards. We need a coding army. We need a professional organization of coding librarians. The current print books in academic libraries aren't conducive to student learning (just need to throw that out there)

Technologies like RFID shouldn't be overlooked by libraries.

I would definitely like to use this technology in my library for self check out and Geo location. This would help with iRoving, wearables, and discovery.

Is there a professional organization for librarians who code?

Thanks,

Cornel Darden Jr.
MSLIS
Library Department Chair
South Suburban College
7087052945

"Our Mission is to Serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning."

Sent from my iPhone