Hello,

Tablets in the library are awesome! We call it iRoving in our library and even have section for it in our reference stats form. We will eventually get rid of the reference desk and iRove all the time. I compare it to an Apple or AT&T service model.

Shelf reading and inventory is another use. Classroom instruction with an Apple tv is awesome. Haven't used surface tabs or Android tablets. There are many more apps for library user on the iOS platform. Nicole Henning: http://nicolehennig.com/books/apps-librarians-book/
Is a great source!

I would assume though, that for instruction, the surface tab would play nice with a smartboard.

Of course providing them to students is a plus if the budget afford it! Works great with Calibre for patrons if there is some one who could network it.

Thanks,

Cornel Darden Jr.
MSLIS
Library Department Chair
South Suburban College
7087052945

"Our Mission is to Serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning."

Sent from my iPhone