This reminds me of the the really awesome Data Science Toolkit project:

http://www.datasciencetoolkit.org/

Just passing along the link, in case anyone else likes fun toys. :-)

--Hardy

From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Owen Stephens [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Linux distro for librarians

This triggered a memory of a project that was putting together a ready-to-go toolset for Digital Humanities - which I then couldn't remember the details of - but luckily Twitter was able to remember it for me (thanks to @mackymoo https://twitter.com/mackymoo)

The project is DH Box http://dhbox.org which tries to put together an environment suitable for DH work. I think that originally this was to be done via installation on the user's local machine, but due the challenges of dealing the variation in local environment they've now moved to a 'box in the cloud' approach (the change of direction is noted at http://dhbox.commons.gc.cuny.edu/blog/2014/dh-box-new-friend-new-platform#sthash.27THWR6E.dpbs). To be honest I'm not 100% sure where the project is right now, as although it looks like not much has been updated since May 2014.

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com