Hello all,

I wanted to put the word out that Carleton University Library is working on a wrapper around III's Sierra API.

Our main use case will be displaying a 'live' item status in Ares, our course reserves system.
We can edit the Ares html templates, so a bit of Javascript querying the API seemed like a good fit.
Here's the documentation for the API: https://sandbox.iii.com/docs/Default.htm

III is using OAuth v2.0 for this API, and authentication is required for every request.
Instead of storing the authentication information in javascript, I wanted to open up the API and use CORS or a firewall
to restrict access. I also wanted to be able to cache, rate-limit, define what parts of the API we wanted to open, etc.

Basically, I wanted more control.

I've started working on a small utility to serve as a proxy to the API, an alpha/proof-of-concept version is here: https://github.com/cudevmaxwell/tyro

If you're a Sierra shop, please let me know what features you'd like to see in the final release.

Thank you,
Kevin Bowrin, Programmer, Carleton University Library