Hey C4L’ers,

I hope this isn’t too spammy, but in the last round of “how are you building your stack mapping” app, I mentioned the potential of RFID to fulfill this need in the future (or did I chicken out on that post?) instead of using barcodes that then interact with a database …

This SHORT (I promise) blog by a British RFID expert talks about that use as well as some other NFC uses in libraries: http://www.mickfortune.com/Wordpress/?p=1185

Seems like whenever I bring this up, I hear crickets chirping but since a whole bunch o’ libraries adopted RFID (many of whom later abandoned it), wouldn’t it be cool to leverage RID and our users’ mobile devices to assist them in various ways?

Christina Salazar
Systems Librarian
John Spoor Broome Library
California State University, Channel Islands
805/437-3198