Thanks for the insights.  I was really hoping IE had a setting.  The
problem is that these are txt files with copies of the permissions e-mails
for our institutional repository that we store in the backend of the record
in DSpace.  So I do not know that I can edit the HTML to make them display
properly in IE.  The real frustration is that they do display, and the
Firefox, Chrome, Safari, ect. display them fine, but IE does not and this
supervisor only seems to use IE.