Please share the following job announcement. Interested candidates should apply online: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10165/jobdetail.ftl?job=23661
Head of Research & Learning Services, Albert R. Mann Library
Ithaca, NY 14853
Cornell University’s Mann Library is looking for a standout front-end user experience (UX) designer and developer. We want someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about the user experience to join our team and provide expertise in delivering innovative web applications meeting the educational and research needs of the University. Under the direction of the Head of Mann Library Information Technology Services (Mann ITS), the User Experience (UX) Designer will join a team of web developers, public service librarians, and content specialists to create and deliver high-quality, innovative web-based experiences meeting the educational and research needs of Cornell students, faculty, staff, and diverse additional stakeholders. The UX Designer will:
· Conceptualize, design, prototype, develop, test, and iteratively improves highly usable web applications exemplifying best practices in information architecture, interaction and usability, responsive design, and relevant supporting technologies;
· Apply current and emerging web patterns and frameworks to enable successful integration with real-time information feeds, local and distributed databases, multimedia content repositories, and web services.
· Be adept at leveraging and integrating off-the-shelf and open source technologies, and at identifying when and how customized tools and solutions must be developed.
· Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationales visually, verbally, and in writing, with user advocacy a constant priority.
This appointment is a full-time, two-year (benefits-eligible) term position with the possibility of extension.
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination
· Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to create compelling visual interfaces, elements, icons, and effective color schemes
· Expert level skills using tools such as PhotoShop and Omnigraffle/Visio for creating wireframes and prototypes to facilitate and define functional specifications
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Evidence of team-based collaboration experience and a strong service orientation
· Ability to handle sensitive/confidential material in a professional manner
Preferred Qualifications: Experience or specialization in one or more of the following areas:
· Conducting usability testing and identifying resulting patterns of user behavior
· Assessing website effectiveness through usage analysis and other tools and practices
· Using current development tools such as JIRA issue tracking, Git, and an IDE of choice
· Providing and testing accessibility in accordance with current standard(s)Integrating and leveraging databases and web services
· Implementing a model-view-controller application architecture using Rails, Symfony, etc.
· Applying agile software development methodologies
· Developing for Linux, Mac, and Windows
· Additional subject domains such as agriculture, the sciences, or social sciences
Background check may be required. No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link: