Please excuse any cross-postings. We are trying to get the word out about our new ACS service at HTRC.

Best,

Robert

The HathiTrust Research Center is seeking proposals for Advanced Collaborative Support (ACS) projects. ACS is a newly launched scholarly service at the HTRC offering collaboration between external scholars and HTRC staff to solve challenging problems related to HTRC tools and services. By working together with scholars, we facilitate computational access to HathiTrust Research Center digital tools (HTRC) as well as the HathiTrust (HT) digital library based on individual scholarly need. This Advanced Collaborative Support (ACS) will drive innovation at the scholar's digital workbench for enhancing and developing new techniques for use within the HTRC platform.

A complete copy of the RFP is available online at http://www.hathitrust.org/htrc/acs-rfp

RFP Schedule:
RFP Available: October 28, 2014
Proposals Due: 5:00 p.m. January 8, 2015
Award Notification: No later than January 30, 2015
Proposals should be submitted electronically as a single zip file to [log in to unmask]

Program Description (see the full RFP for more detail - http://bit.ly/1DnbuhP):

The HathiTrust (HT) is a large digitized-text corpus (> 10 million volumes) of keen interest to researchers working in a wide range of scholarly disciplines.

The HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC) is a collaborative research center launched jointly by Indiana University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, along with the HathiTrust Digital Library (HT) to help meet the technical challenges that researchers face when dealing with massive amounts of digital text.

The HTRC Advanced Collaboration Support Group (ACS) engages with users directly on a one-on-one basis over extended period of time lasting from weeks to months. The ACS Group, selected from the membership of the HTRC user community, pairs the ACS awardee with expert staff members to work collaboratively on challenging problems.

Respondents are urged to contact [log in to unmask], in advance of proposal submission to discuss eligibility, project details, prerequisites, and HTRC support. We look forward to a wide-array of proposals for our inaugural ACS projects supported by funding from the HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC).

Sincerely,

The HathiTrust Research Center Executive Committee:

J. Stephen Downie, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois and Co-Director HTRC
Beth Plale, School of Informatics and Computing and Data to Insight Center, Indiana University and Co-Director HTRC
Beth Namachchivaya, Associate University Librarian for Information Technology Planning and Policy and Associate Dean of LibrariesUniversity of Illinois
Robert H. McDonald, Associate Dean for Library Technologies, Indiana University
John Unsworth, Vice-Provost, University Librarian and CIO, Brandeis University

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1