October 28, 2014
Read it online: http://bit.ly/1zetRaY

Dear Community,

It is bittersweet as I announce my departure from DuraSpace. Over the last eight years it has been an honor and privilege to work closely with the DSpace, Fedora and most recently VIVO communities to advance the software and create a sustainable pathway for each project.  I have enjoyed working closely with the community to chart a pathway to collaboratively develop a research and scholarship ecosystem for managing and preserving all academic knowledge and works.  Projects such as DPN, SHARE,NDSA and DPLA all have great potential for providing long term managed access to knowledge and scholarship.

Today we kick-off the search process to find the next CEO for DuraSpace.  You can find the job description on our website (http://duraspace.org/jobs).  The search committee will be screening applications as they are received.  We expect to fill the position by January 2015.  The position is based in the USA, however no relocation is required.  It is anticipated the new CEO will set up a local office at their current location. The search committee is primarily composed of a subset of members from the DuraSpace board, and will be reviewing applications as they are received.  You can submit a cover letter and application [log in to unmask]

Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) or someone from DuraSpace if you have any questions.

Best,

Michele Kimpton
Michele Kimpton
Chief Executive Officer