I think all of this is really useful. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a
lot of great ideas and results from StackOverflow.

However, I've been burned quite a bit as well - deprecated code, inaccurate
results, or just the wrong answer gets accepted. There seems to be such a
push to 'accept as answer' that no one gives a second thought to
alternative solutions. Because one size doesn't fit all - I think we all
know that.

I guess I'm trying to advocate not to rely on this type of resource
completely when resolving your coding challenges.  While it can certainly
be a tremendous learning tool, keep an objective mind for what tool best
fits your institution's purpose.

.m